Budget light suggestion for 30x12x18

For that length of tank, I would look for two used Kessil 160’s. But if you’re really restricted to your budget, then the Smat Farm light is a great option with a nice subtle shimmer.
 
Just another option to consider but if I was you I would do a 4 bulb 24” t5 even a basic one will provide you with plenty of light and you will get much better coverage then you would with 1LED
 
Just another option to consider but if I was you I would do a 4 bulb 24” t5 even a basic one will provide you with plenty of light and you will get much better coverage then you would with 1LED
For that length of tank, I would look for two used Kessil 160’s. But if you’re really restricted to your budget, then the Smat Farm light is a great option with a nice subtle shimmer.
@Micheal yea I'm aware but keeping the look minimal

@Minus I'll check it out haven't heard of that one
 
so i ordered the smat farm should get here friday and see how it goes from what all i researched

ill post the outcome but thanks for the info i agree with what alot of you have said but
at the end of the day i wanted this to be a budget build for now and although the kessils was a nice setup and found some good deals im always curious on getting the same or similar results for cheaper and is more fun for me than throwing money at the most expensive stuff because i can if i wanted to but ill go against the grain lol but thanks for the recommedation of the smat farm @minus9 looks promising
 
761E1338-1FFE-4222-AF50-88581E3CF662.jpeg

Kinda cloudy did some cleaning but you get the idea the fish are hiders today
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top