Budget Lighting Options for a mixed reef 10 gallon.

Take it from me, I went through 4 different "budget" LEDs on my Evo. Ended with a NoopsyK7 Mini ehich worked great.

If I were to redo it, I would just make sure I got the right light the first time. For the Evo, that was the Noopsyche K7 Mini. For your tank, I would splurge on an AI Blade Grow. Especially since you want a mixed reef with sticks.
Budget friendly equates to cheap! Get what works the first time. $100 cheap plus $200 what works later equals $300. Really???
 
This was enough to convince me to go with the NooPsyche's. If it's good enough that this guy is running nothing but them on his coral farm, it's more than good enough for me.
 
Noops are a great choice. One thing I do dislike about the blades is the clusters are limiting and you essentially need to buy 1 or 2 different ones to get all the colors and a nice spread. The K7 makes up for that, it has all the LEDs you'd wanna use and is also much cheaper.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top