Building a Large Acrylic Tank - Questions and Build Thread

No one uses polycarbonate lol,ok precut to save big $$$ shipping cost , good thought, a 1 1/2 inch 180 needs no top brace, and will be aprx 3 times more reliable than any glass aquarium
 
Last edited:
No one uses polycarbonate lol,ok precut to save big $$$ shipping cost , good thought, a 1 1/2 inch 180 needs no top brace, and will be aprx 3 times more reliable than any glass aquarium
1) Polycarbonate makes great lids for a non topless tank.
2) With that said every acrylic tank of any real size should have euro bracing and cross bracing.
3) While my tank has polycarbonate lids I have never heard of a tank more than 10 gallons being made of it as it bends far more than cast acrylic which is what you want to use.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top