Building my first 120 gallon reef tank

Had my first really big screw up. I partially flooded my basement. I did a water change for my rock and forgot to cut the RODI off before I went to bed. Woke up to water spilling over the brute trash can:eek:. Luckily, I got it cleaned up with a wet vac and some towels. I keep my brutes in my laundry room area, so its just concrete. I will never not set an alarm again! Sorry no pic, I got too freaked out and tried to get as much of it up before hubby got home from work. ;)
 
Did that once in my garage before getting the whole mixing station set up. Float switch in the RO container is a major game changer.
 
So it's been a while. Had to take a break from setup, bc of some serious medical issues with my son. So now that things are better got things going. Today will be the pipe test. What is everyone's thought on the aquascape? I don't know if I really like it that much. Let me know your thoughts, tips or advise.
7ee5a0ca772be952b52c403148eeef1d.jpg
93ae16c2471fb50bcb3a1d3a2f0d21f5.jpg
5370b74a610bdcaa5086eacf761809d1.jpg
 
So the only caution Inhave for you with the scape is that the cave seems a little closed in. Fish will hide all through rock work no doubt, but it might be nice for you to make a cave that is much easier to see inside.
 
So the only caution Inhave for you with the scape is that the cave seems a little closed in. Fish will hide all through rock work no doubt, but it might be nice for you to make a cave that is much easier to see inside.
I think that is what I was worried about. Ok looks like I'm back to the drawing board. I had done a dry scape and loved the way it looked, then couldn't get it back that way in the tank. Didn't want to completely fill it until I got the rock right. Will try to re scape tonight and post pics.
The good thing about the huge break we took is I continued to soak the Pukani rock in RODI, so hopefully I won't face those leaching issues. Anymore tips would be great, thanks.
 
I think that is what I was worried about. Ok looks like I'm back to the drawing board. I had done a dry scape and loved the way it looked, then couldn't get it back that way in the tank. Didn't want to completely fill it until I got the rock right. Will try to re scape tonight and post pics.
The good thing about the huge break we took is I continued to soak the Pukani rock in RODI, so hopefully I won't face those leaching issues. Anymore tips would be great, thanks.
I forgot to look last night on a bigger screen you might try the aqua scape forem too
 
So I've realized I need to let it sit for a bit to realize if I truly like it or not. I wanted a couple small rocks up front to make a zoa garden, but not sure if I will keep 1 or either of the smaller pieces. I feel like the big island just looks like a pile of rocks. This may take me longer than I thought[emoji5]
 
Thanks waiting on feedback now. Took it all out and started shaping the rock. Got this for tonight. Hopefully will get some feedback. Thanks.
080a5bea9453d28fcf820dfbde760d1b.jpg
9450c09b512614b168e76ef3d6a0db8b.jpg
 
I kinda like it the one with the cace maybe add a piece to the left side make it a little longer just a thought but I do like it but if your like me once I get it in the tank it will look different
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top