Buying a used Skimz skimmer (discontinued)

onlyreefers

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2024
Messages
71
Reaction score
31
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have someone selling a Skimz Octa 165i skimmer, however Skimz is presumably no longer in business, thus making it hard, if not impossible to find replacement parts, if needed. For instance, I can’t find an equivalent match to the pump or other components online. I messaged BRS to see if they had equivalent matches, but that was recent and still awaiting a response.

Thoughts on buying a used, discontinued skimz skimmer?
 
Don’t unless you only want to use it for a few weeks, not years
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top