Calcium help!! Kind of urgent

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2020
Messages
1,261
Reaction score
1,150
Location
Fremont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have noticed lately my lps like bubble coral, hammers, and some soft coral have not been doing great. So i started trouble shooting. Buying every test kit I can get. I just got a calcium test kit and i noticed that my calcium is 600!!! Anyways to lower it?
 
WC with a salt with lower Ca otherwise stop dosing if you are you will have to wait it out to be consumed
 
Hello! I have noticed lately my lps like bubble coral, hammers, and some soft coral have not been doing great. So i started trouble shooting. Buying every test kit I can get. I just got a calcium test kit and i noticed that my calcium is 600!!! Anyways to lower it?
WC would be the only way.
 
What's your pH & Alk? If your pH is low, but continues to dose calcium into the tank, your coral will not be able to use it and thus the calcium will continue to build up in the water without being absorbed.
 
Water change every 2-3 days of 10%
 
That's pretty high, how about a retest with a different kit or at your lfs? But either way I doubt high Cal is bothering your corals
 
OK
I don't dose it. I got a salifert test kit for calcium (i was using api) My ph was low, but I added a bubbler and now its higher. What kind of salt would have low calcium?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top