Calculating the right amount of food

Merdfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2023
Messages
45
Reaction score
7
Location
Costa Mesa
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reliable way of calculating the right amount of total food to put in a tank based on what is stocked. I have got some unreliable advice so far from web searches. My tank is currently cycling and I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I stock it.
 
Is there a reliable way of calculating the right amount of total food to put in a tank based on what is stocked. I have got some unreliable advice so far from web searches. My tank is currently cycling and I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I stock it.
I found that sort of information with searches about fish aquaculture . The answer will be something like X% of body weight, with X being larger for young fish.

If you don’t have many fish, overfeeding is not much of an issue. If you plan on cramming in many fish, yeah, good idea about adding the right amount of food. Too much fiid requires special effort to remove nitrate and phosphate, though even the right amount if food and many fish will be a challege to control nitrate and phosphate.. Not enough means starved fish that are prone to disease.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top