Cali Kid Corals - EASTER EGGSTRAVAGANZA OFFICIAL THREAD --THIS SUNDAY 4/9/23!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

banner.jpg


FINAL SCORE

@Hungrypede - Almost everything
@ReefMagnet - A little bit

Congratulations to @Hungrypede on winning a $30 gift card!

Next game coming up in about 30 so stick around!​

Impressed by the precise scoring :D
 
banner.jpg


NEW GAME
SCRABBLE


title gif.gif


Scrabble time, baby! For this game, I will post an Easter themed word every hour, on the hour. However, the letters are in the incorrect order. The first person to arrange the letters in the correct order gets an egg. After ten rounds, the person with the most eggs wins FREE SHIPPING!!!

In the event of a tie, the person that scored first wins. Good luck!


Keep in mind, this pregame prize does not count towards your one-prize-per-person limit on the day of the sale, so this is your chance to double up! ​
 
Who is ready to hop into this Easter Live Sale? :cool:
LS-0409-A-229.jpg

LS-0409-A-234.jpg

_59A1269.jpg

LS-0409-A-33.jpg
 
Glad to see you out! How are your tanks doing? Everything thriving?

Yessir! Tanks are doing fantastic, thanks! Ran out of space and now I need to upgrade!! But I gotta pay taxes this year so might be a minute before I can drop some cash on the upgrade. :(

5 Gallon Nursery Tank
20230406_184727(0).jpg


10 Gallon Reef
VideoCapture_20230406-185002.jpg
 
Yessir! Tanks are doing fantastic, thanks! Ran out of space and now I need to upgrade!! But I gotta pay taxes this year so might be a minute before I can drop some cash on the upgrade. :(

5 Gallon Nursery Tank
20230406_184727(0).jpg


10 Gallon Reef
VideoCapture_20230406-185002.jpg
You know, it's funny how the tang police will sound the alarm on a tank that needs to be a foot or two longer on a full grown tang, but so many people say a teeny tiny tang in a small tank is a bad idea. It seems to me that a 1" tang in a 1' tank is no different than a 10" tang in a 10' tank. Of course, you need to move it to larger tanks as they grow, which a lot of folks don't, but the relationship of the fish compared to the size of the tank seems to be the most important factor.
 
banner.jpg


GAME REMINDER
SCRABBLE


title gif.gif


Scrabble time, baby! For this game, I will post an Easter themed word every hour, on the hour. However, the letters are in the incorrect order. The first person to arrange the letters in the correct order gets an egg. After ten rounds, the person with the most eggs wins FREE SHIPPING!!!

In the event of a tie, the person that scored first wins. Good luck!

Keep in mind, this pregame prize does not count towards your one-prize-per-person limit on the day of the sale, so this is your chance to double up! ​
 
Any BTA's?
 
You know, it's funny how the tang police will sound the alarm on a tank that needs to be a foot or two longer on a full grown tang, but so many people say a teeny tiny tang in a small tank is a bad idea. It seems to me that a 1" tang in a 1' tank is no different than a 10" tang in a 10' tank. Of course, you need to move it to larger tanks as they grow, which a lot of folks don't, but the relationship of the fish compared to the size of the tank seems to be the most important factor.

Gotta love the Tang police. Most of the time I don't even mention the size of the tank (5 gallon) and just show pictures out of context (zoomed in, not showing the hang on back filter) and everyone swears it's a 100+ gallon tank :D That baby fish is so tiny it wouldn't survive in a 100 gallon tank right now. But it's been with me going on 2 months and doing great. Had to literally feed ground up flakes for the first 2-3 weeks because it's mouth was so small. He was still half transparent when I got it. LFS got 3 and mine was the only one that survived. I'll be doing video updates on it hopefully soon. And now I want to collect all the baby tangs!! Lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top