Came home to find something very upsetting!

I find stuff in my tank all the time

 
I've made every effort to keep my tank glass clean of coralline. The Bm bottom couple of inches in certain spots are close to impossible to get to, back glass is nice and clean.
 
I am with you I can't stand to look at someone's tank who just has coraline circles everywhere. I scrape with a vengeance.
 
I have it all over my rocks but not on the glass. I would like it on my back wall but guess it would be an issue trying to keep it off the front and sides.
 
I don't mind algae on my back glass (any kind of algae) the front and sides I keep clean but the back is all natural !
 
I view any tank that has a healthy population of coralline algae as a very healthy tank - so though you hate it you should be proud to know you keep a very healthy tank.

It took my tank forever to get just alittle bit of coralline algae so I still have an appreciation for the stuff ... I have the biggest scrap magnet thing ever so it's no bother keeping my glass clean, though I tend to get it in the corners of the glass where it's hard to scrap off so yes that's a pain and sloppy looking.
 
Dont get me wrong, I know having coralline in my tank just 3 weeks in is a good sign, but it gets out of hand so quickly, that it just becomes such a chore to constantly keep it off the glass. This thread was really started in jest just to drum up a funny thread I knew would get responses. I in no way was actually really serious about it.:nerd:
 
I totally understand that, sometimes my SPS grow WAY to fast and they started fighting each other. it's really upseting!
 
I don't mind it on the back glass, I think it adds color, but my nice buildup died in the move so now the back glass is covered in dead white coralline algae.... Guess I should scrape that.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top