Can 24K and gold indo torch be together?

Icryhard

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2022
Messages
436
Reaction score
266
Location
Amsterdam
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to put the 24k (on the left) next to the gold indo (in the middle right side). Can this be done or will they sting each other to death? I tried looking on this forum to see someone else had asked the same, but to no avail.

IMG_1925.jpeg
 
Flesh seems to be receiding. I decided to put somewhat isolated so nothing can sting it and now let’s hope for the best. Can flesh by any chance recover?

IMG_1929.jpeg
 
They can, most of the time but I have read that sometimes indos and aussies don’t play nice together. My four are touching without any problems. You really don’t want them in the sand bed as sand can irritate them. Place them 1/3-1/2 up on your rocks. Moderate flow and light.
1B948C73-8691-4F82-93FC-297F72A95F45.jpeg
 
They can, most of the time but I have read that sometimes indos and aussies don’t play nice together. My four are touching without any problems. You really don’t want them in the sand bed as sand can irritate them. Place them 1/3-1/2 up on your rocks. Moderate flow and light.
1B948C73-8691-4F82-93FC-297F72A95F45.jpeg
So to confirm: the 24k is Aussie, correct? Because mine look like they hate each other. My 24k has lost some flesh. It still has plenty of flesh, but obviously has suffered some. Is it possible they recover if I take away the stress factor I.E: them attacking Each other? Is there anyway I can also determine whether something is Aussie or indo at sight? I prefer to not keep them together any longer. I have lost a tiger torch because of it and this one as mentioned has also suffered. I’m hoping he’ll recover now that I’ve moved it
 
I’m no expert but I believe indos tend to have shorter polyps but I don’t think that guarantees anything. You made the correct decision to separate. You might want to dip the injured one in iodine to prevent a secondary infection.
 
I have 24k touching the hellfire, jester and Knicks no problems.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top