Can a diamond goby jump over a 10 inch canopy?

Chris86

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2016
Messages
226
Reaction score
96
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to get one of these guys. I know they are jumpers. What do you think?
 
Do you have any idea how much I’d have to increase th intensity on my LEDs to compensate for the screen?
Not much, if any at all :)

I'd think the 1/4" netting would do the job, unless you bought a tiny bugger.
 
Both the 1/4" and the 1'8" mesh reduce light by less than 5% -- much less as I recall. Consider it a non-factor and just listen to the corals to see where to adjust.
 
Mine has literally jumped 2 feet out of the water like a dang torpedo. Scared the pee out of me. Lets just say I've got a top now
Yeah:
Lost the first one that I had. It was stiff as a board :( when I found him on the carpet.
Live and learn.. ;Writing
 
Mine found a hole less than 10mm on the side of my hob filter for my qt today. I’m not happy :(
 
Do you have any idea how much I’d have to increase th intensity on my LEDs to compensate for the screen?

Probably around 5%. The more annoying thing about the BRS screen is that it reflects that light back into the room (unless you have an enclosed canopy). A few years ago I searched for a better screen material. After a couple of false starts, I ended up finding 1/4" cicada netting that was vastly superior.
 
I lost 2 : Black Hi-Fin and Randall's. Both jumped and I have a 1/8 screen. But they managed to find gap between the glass and the screen. We do everything we can, but sometimes they find a way.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top