Can a snowflake eel live in a 30 gallon tank?

Leon Gorani

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2019
Messages
420
Reaction score
95
Location
East Granby
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a 30 gallon reef tank too small for a small snowflake eel? I have a top and a lot of rocks for it to hide if I got one. I know they need a larger tank size but would a small snowflake eel be okay in a 30 gallon tank?
 
Not for very long...
Besides, snowflake eels are a predatory species. You'd have a hard time keeping anything that moves in a 30 with an eel..
I'd suggest either a bigger tank, or a different eel
 
Not for very long...
Besides, snowflake eels are a predatory species. You'd have a hard time keeping anything that moves in a 30 with an eel..
I'd suggest either a bigger tank, or a different eel
Okay, I already have a scissor tail blenny/dart fish, and a couple of green chromis in my 29 gallon tank. I plan on buying a pair of clownfish as well but I also wanted a snowflake eel. I know if they are fed and small they won’t attack other fish but they do get big. Would that be a bad idea to have all of those fish in the same tank with the eel? What are some other eels that stay small and aren’t predatory?
 
Melatremus eel is really the best bet. They only get about 12".
They ARE expensive though...
 
snowflake would grow larger than your tank and golden dwarf would eat your fish
 
Predators (ie eels) don't belong in tanks with small fish. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Personally I feel that Eels are best suited to dedicated predator tanks.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top