Can anyone tell me what this is?

Jayp5117

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
293
Reaction score
131
Location
Syracuse ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know I have some red slime in my tank but what exactly is this? My Tank is newer and will obviously have it's issues bit recently my RO filter died out on me and my PPM jumped to 135 and I did a few water changes before I caught it. I don't over feed my tank and only have 2 clowns, 1 chevron tang, and a clown goby. The algea is hairy and wavy and very hard to vacuum I have done a couple water changes already go try to combat it.
977854df7f2cfa0238d20c4b111c8200.jpg
 
Red Slime, or Cyano, will form stringy bits as it amasses. It can be very hard to vacuum because it tends to clump up with sand which makes it heavier and harder to siphon up.
 
Red Slime, or Cyano, will form stringy bits as it amasses. It can be very hard to vacuum because it tends to clump up with sand which makes it heavier and harder to siphon up.
Yup.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top