- Joined
- Nov 11, 2016
- Messages
- 1,195
- Reaction score
- 849
- Location
- Los Angeles
- What state or country do you live in
- California
Hey there
Haven’t really found an answer to this question online... however, I’ve noticed some odd behavior when it comes to my red/blue leg hermit crabs and some of my coral....
I’ve noticed some of my crab rock climbing on my birdsnest and red monticap sps, they are pretty good size colonies so they can get pretty high on top of it, and typically do no move. I’ve observed them and they are not eating it... my coral show no sign of stress or munched on pieces, and my crabs are never eating them. Not even a nip...
They will climb, climb, climb, and then start getting slower and slower, eventually stop. Either tucked in, or half out, frozen. One time I noticed a crab topple over while on my Monti cap but I didn’t exactly see how or why he fell. I think he got stung and shocked and fell over.
Can corals sting hermit crabs????
Haven’t really found an answer to this question online... however, I’ve noticed some odd behavior when it comes to my red/blue leg hermit crabs and some of my coral....
I’ve noticed some of my crab rock climbing on my birdsnest and red monticap sps, they are pretty good size colonies so they can get pretty high on top of it, and typically do no move. I’ve observed them and they are not eating it... my coral show no sign of stress or munched on pieces, and my crabs are never eating them. Not even a nip...
They will climb, climb, climb, and then start getting slower and slower, eventually stop. Either tucked in, or half out, frozen. One time I noticed a crab topple over while on my Monti cap but I didn’t exactly see how or why he fell. I think he got stung and shocked and fell over.
Can corals sting hermit crabs????

