Can i add MALE Bluethroat trigger with established Female?

Leo95

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
32
Location
Brooklyn, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the description basically says it all.

I have a 150 gallon FOWLR system at the moment.

Fish are:
2Clowns, 1 Onespot Foxface, 1 Smith's Blenny, 1 Powder Brown Tang, 1 Blue eyed kole tang,1 Adorned Wrasse, 1 Female Bluethroat Triggerfish.

The triggerfish BEAUTIFUL but hides anytime she hears footsteps in the house. Someone suggested i get a male that might encourage her to swim around more? Would this be safe? Do i have to worry about them fighting and tips to prevent? Would it even help?

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you
 
It’s going to be a complete gamble, like you or I going on a blind date! Lol

I have a mated pair of blue throats (now) but for about 3 months at the LFS they had to be separated in separate tanks as they were attacking each other

This is them now but it depends on the individual fish

 
It’s going to be a complete gamble, like you or I going on a blind date! Lol

I have a mated pair of blue throats (now) but for about 3 months at the LFS they had to be separated in separate tanks as they were attacking each other

This is them now but it depends on the individual fish

Thank you, your build looks incredible! While you're here... Is there anything you think i can do to get her to stop hiding? Or is that just her personality? She's probably the most beautiful fish in my tank to watch swim and she'll only do it if i'm tiptoeing and peering in from another room
 
Thank you

I’ve got a pair of them and they are both very timid, but also very dominant to other fish, if that makes sense. They have a massive presence in the tank

They like to have a home hidden in a cave under the rocks, and they go there with the slightest disturbance from me.

If she’s timid adding a male could go either way, theres no way to predict it (think blind date again)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top