Can I add new corals with high phosphate levels ?

stevo_87

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Messages
32
Reaction score
17
Location
Nottinghamshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m currently in the process of being my phosphate levels down to the recommend levels.

I’ve managed to get them down to 1 over the last few weeks from almost 3.

Can I still add new corals whilst I’m in the process lowing these levels or am I best to wait?

My existing corals have all been growing fine, my candy canes have rapidly grown over the last month, it just seems to be effecting my scrambled egg zoa as it’s turned it brown around the edges and my torch’s encircles have turned black.

Thanks all
 
Are those measurements in ppm? If so that seems really high, possible testing error?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top