Can i change de mh socket to se socket in my reflector?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bct15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
2,845
Reaction score
173
Location
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I swap the double end mh socket for a single end mh socket in my icecap reflector by simply replacing the sockets?

Thanks
Brandon


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
You can, but the ballast won't fire a Single Ended Lamp. They fire differently. HQI is a different fire than a SE lamp. Unless you have a Ballast that will fire both.
 
You can, but the ballast won't fire a Single Ended Lamp. They fire differently. HQI is a different fire than a SE lamp. Unless you have a Ballast that will fire both.

Thanks, this is where I get confused...how do people run single end radiums on hqi ballasts? I have lumatek selecta watt ballasts and icecap 250w e ballasts.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
The reason I said it should work is I Have a PFO HQI ballast that worked with se Radium bulbs.
 
The reason I said it should work is I Have a PFO HQI ballast that worked with se Radium bulbs.

There are some out there. At that point you'd have to watch out for which SE bulbs you got.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top