Can I dump a QT fish in my DT?

Treat new additions to your tank as though they have not been quarantined.
 
I buy quarantined fish at a premium cost so I dont have to quarantine myself. I dont buy fish every week or even every month to justiy having a QT tank set up and ready to go. I have the equipment should I need it, but if they're all healthy to start, and I only add healthy fish...

Dont QT twice. Its silly.
If you trust vendors claims of quarantine, then that's silly :-)

In any case, quarantine does not reduce the stress involved with shipping which can bring out latent disease even in quarantined fish.
 
I buy quarantined fish at a premium cost so I dont have to quarantine myself. I dont buy fish every week or even every month to justiy having a QT tank set up and ready to go. I have the equipment should I need it, but if they're all healthy to start, and I only add healthy fish...

Dont QT twice. Its silly.
Sure, but I don't think it's a good idea to dump a fish into seawater from brackish (hyposalinity) that a lot of vendors keep their tanks at. A holding tank is easy and quick to set up and gives you a chance to make sure it's eating first too.
 
Sure, but I don't think it's a good idea to dump a fish into seawater from brackish (hyposalinity) that a lot of vendors keep their tanks at. A holding tank is easy and quick to set up and gives you a chance to make sure it's eating first too.
LADD ships all their fish at 1.025. They plainly state this. If a cendor will notntell you what salinity they ship at, you dont need to do business with them.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top