can i keep chalice coral in my tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigbill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

bigbill

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Location
warren mi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a 12 gal nano with 2 24w t5 light are 4 inch off tank, i realy like how they look just not sure if i have what it needs to live
 
My only concern would be keeping alk/ca stable in such a small volume. As long as you have that under control, I agree, I see no problem. Chalices, in my tank at least, stress much quicker due to alk swings than any other coral.
 
My only concern would be keeping alk/ca stable in such a small volume. As long as you have that under control, I agree, I see no problem. Chalices, in my tank at least, stress much quicker due to alk swings than any other coral.

Very well said. :)

I say go for it, but don't start throwing super expensive ones in right away.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top