Can i mix regular Insant Ocean and reef crystals?

WIlliam_24

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2018
Messages
37
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
noob question, but i have a little of both left. can i mix togather in the same batch for a water change? thanks
 
Subscribing...

I would think that would be ok. I'm going to do the same switch when my RC about runs out. I was simply going to mix up the remainder of my RC and then add enough IO to get my salinity where I want it when I make water
 
Subscribing...

I would think that would be ok. I'm going to do the same switch when my RC about runs out. I was simply going to mix up the remainder of my RC and then add enough IO to get my salinity where I want it when I make water
i dont see why it would be harmful at all. i just want to mae sure so my critters stay healthy
 
I do this with certain salts. So yes definitely you can. Goodluck!
 
OK great thanks everyone !
 
just be aware of your parameters - stability is more important that absolute numbers- to a point.

RC 13Kh 490CA 1440 Mg
IO 11Kh 400CA 1350 MG

I too was thinking of switching from RC to IO, as i want to pay better attention to keeping my ALK steady. Firstly, I decided to more closely monitor my Kh, now testing every 2 days and daily dosing 4ml each of 2 part. fwiw my alk is testing 9.0 - 9.8 with RC (not sure at 1.026 salinity why my ALK isn't 13 but I am weeks away from making a final decision).

if i were to switch, I'd figure mixing them initially would be less disruptive.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top