Can I safely put 2 different types on light on a reef tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zeal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2018
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
1,740
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title

I currently Have a Radion XR15W Pro Gen 4 running on my reef tank that I’ve had for about 2 years now. I have it off center because my SPS is all on a rack on the right side of the tank

I recently got a Red Sea 90 light (that I will be using on my next build)

can I use them both? The Radion I run AB+ from 8am-8pm (I absolutely hate the white lights)

my tank is a Nuvo 40
 
Safely? Absolutely. Will the lights look different unless you manage to match spectrum, output and spread? Most likely.
 
Safely? Absolutely. Will the lights look different unless you manage to match spectrum, output and spread? Most likely.
Could that cause an issue?

this is my issues my dummy self made the worst rock structure in North America with my first tank. SPS is impossible to grow on the right

1164AE23-1BE1-4E17-8B38-BC1DBC01CF80.jpeg
 
Terrible idea nobody tried this.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top