Can I stock my tank with this?

TrevorL

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2020
Messages
180
Reaction score
85
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a jbj 45 gallon cube as a display tank for downstairs. I was wondering if I would be able to stock an eel in the tank as well as have corals? Ever since I’ve gotten into this hobby I’ve always had a fascination with the eels but my tank I have in my room is too small. I was wondering if it would be possible to stock an eel into the 45 gallon cube tank while also having euphyllia in it and probably a split of my anemone as well. Any feedback will help.
 
So I bought a jbj 45 gallon cube as a display tank for downstairs. I was wondering if I would be able to stock an eel in the tank as well as have corals? Ever since I’ve gotten into this hobby I’ve always had a fascination with the eels but my tank I have in my room is too small. I was wondering if it would be possible to stock an eel into the 45 gallon cube tank while also having euphyllia in it and probably a split of my anemone as well. Any feedback will help.
The engineer goby is very eel-looking. That should definitely be ok in a JBJ 45.
 
The engineer goby is very eel-looking. That should definitely be ok in a JBJ 45.
That's a hard no! Engineers get 1ft and need atleast a 55+ gallon tank. I recommend bigger especially the way they dig. I wouldn't put an eel in that small of tank.
 
no eel would be able to move in the tank golden dwarf is the smallest and gets 1/2 the size of your tank the same with the engineer goby also gets 12"

i wanted a banana eel but i just cannot accommodate the tank size it needs so had to move on lots of fish/coral in this hobby im sure you will find something else :)
 
Thank y’all for your feedback. I just wanted to know before going full into planning a stocking list for the tank. I would’ve thought I could’ve kept a dwarf eel or a engineer goby as they have them in even smaller tanks at my lfs but I don’t want to stress them out. My tank is to small my tank is too small I’ll gladly look for other fish!
 
Want to know if current stock list is ok long term,
1x 2" yellow tang
1x 2" flame angel
1x 3" clown fish
2x1" lyretail anthis
1x 2"enginner goby
1x2" blue sided fairy wrasse
1x2" bangai cardinal fish
3x1/2" blue green chromis
1x1/2" yellow watchman goby
125 gallon with 40 gallon sump
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top