Can I use seachem prime/amquel+ with copper power?

Makubex

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2019
Messages
827
Reaction score
139
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To lower ammonia and nitrates while treating ich, I heard they can make the copper more toxic is that true
 
I'm pretty sure that creates a toxic combo let me check and make sure tho
 
So it looks like to avoid cupramine because thats the one it makes toxic but looks to be safe with copper power and others but I personally have no experience using both at same time. If doing in quarantine tank I've found it's easier to control ammonia through large water changes and match copper levels to new water
 
 
To lower ammonia and nitrates while treating ich, I heard they can make the copper more toxic is that true

Seachem Prime probably does not do anything useful for ammonia, IMO, and it is beyond scientific rationality to think it does anything useful for nitrate.


This has more:

 
Seachem Prime probably does not do anything useful for ammonia, IMO, and it is beyond scientific rationality to think it does anything useful for nitrate.


This has more:

What about amquel plus??
 
What about amquel plus??

There's less evidence that it doesn't usefully bind ammonia, but still some in the thread I linked. Thus, I'd be wary.

None of these will do anything, nor is anything needed to be done, about nitrite or nitrate unless you have hundreds of ppm, and then a water change is in order.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top