Can not get rid of Byropis

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrishK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Did your foxface take care of it . I’ve never had a foxface eat bryopsis . I have trimmed the bryopsis and had Mexican turbos eat it but never fully eradicate totally . Fluxrx is something I’ve tried but always had to quit early due to mushrooms and goni’s closing up.
I’m not sure if he’s eaten it or the chem clean I put in for Cynao put a dent in it because it’s much less and seems to be staying at a manageable amount. I don’t know if copepods eat the stuff but I have really increased the population lately preparing to move my two baby mandarins in when they get big enough. I have never seen the fox face nibble on any algae of any kind though he did in the FOWLR tank I moved him from. It’s possible he’s nibbling after lights are off. In any case it looks way better than it did since moving him in so it’s either him, the Chem clean treatment or the copepods LOL
 
I’ve dosed about 10 times over the past 3 years: several times what the box says and then 1.25, 1.5, double and triple…stuff is stubborn and always comes back after a month or so
 
Why 8 times ? . Didn’t it totally eradicate it the first time or did you have to cut short due to corals going south ?
It visibly removes the algae within 10 days, but it always comes back. No short cuts as corals aren’t really affected until I reach the 3 week mark. Only thing I don’t like about it is my copepod population always drops considerably and having to do a large water change at the end. Actually doing it right now for the 9th time. Really annoying, but not much one can do. Fluconazole is the only treatment option available.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top