can somebody tell me what this is please?

legacy2mj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
385
Reaction score
124
Location
Lone Tree, Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new to this so remembering the names of everything is tough... I just got this frag today and already forgot the name of it. any addition information on the best care for it as well is always appreciated.
coral 2.jpg
 
Acanthastrea lordhowensis is the scientific name.
 
You can keep it in the sand bed, the coral does not have to be removed from the plug.
 
Can you keep those in a bio cube
 
What's growing on the side of the plug?

its a tiny head of some sort. It opens and closes just like the rest of the corals.... its still too small for me to tell if its of the same coral species or a different one like a Zoa... none the less, it is alive.
 
If it is a zoa you can put the whole thing on a low level rock and when the zoa grows and multiplies onto the rock you can give it a little slice and return the acan to the substrate.
 
im not sure its a zoa, it doesnt really look like one from what i can see, its still really hard to tell at this point being its so small. It seems to have longer fingers coming off its edges and not small rounded points like a zoa, but like i said.... im not sure.
I think im going to leave it alone for now till I can get a better idea what it is.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top