Can someone please help me out with my LPS coral's

crankthecar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
27
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason my LPS aren't happy they aren't fully extended i tried so many things and nothing seems to help my water parameters are
Ph 8.3
Phosphate 0.02
Nitrate 5
Alk 9 dkh
Calcium 460
Selinity 35%
I tried higher flow didn't help
16138762852279012978894425407874.jpg 16138763726758196374561389109199.jpg 16138764017214523253861675603094.jpg 16138764252561323280882035417489.jpg
 
N03 was 15 tow weeks and and it didn't help what p04 would you recommend?
 
I would turn the lights way down.
I only have LPS in my 32G Biocube with Steve's LED's and as I continue to ramp the lights down - the corals are happier.
 
N03 was 15 tow weeks and and it didn't help what p04 would you recommend?
To me your corals are open. They just lack color. Coloring up corals takes time and stability. LPS also don’t mind being fed directly. You can use reef roids and phyto. For larger mouthed LPS you can cut up raw shrimp and clams for them.

it also seems like your tank lack blue spectrum. I see you have LEDS, maybe lower your whites and raise blues. Whites create a higher PAR.
 
Your nutrients are fine. It looks like the lights may be to bright, or you are having temperature fluctuations. Your tank also looks very new, I’d add some more bacteria to diversify it.
 
Most LPS favor moderate light and water flow. Reduce white light intensity and increase blue a little. Some of the corals in pic are in sand and susceptible to sand getting on them and irritating them. The Euphyllia you have at the top does best at lower third of the tank
I suspect parameters. What test kits are you using?
 
Feed them, something meaty like lps pellets or chunks of seafood not plankton based powder like reef roids. Some of my lps seriosly degrade and lose colour if theyre not fed regularly. Also like previous posters said your tank does look like the whites are to high.
 
For some reason my LPS aren't happy they aren't fully extended i tried so many things and nothing seems to help my water parameters are
Ph 8.3
Phosphate 0.02
Nitrate 5
Alk 9 dkh
Calcium 460
Selinity 35%
I tried higher flow didn't help
16138762852279012978894425407874.jpg 16138763726758196374561389109199.jpg 16138764017214523253861675603094.jpg 16138764252561323280882035417489.jpg
I have those lights and run at lowest on setting and blues at second lowest on setting, That gets about 70 par on bottom and 160 midtank.
 
Most LPS favor moderate light and water flow. Reduce white light intensity and increase blue a little. Some of the corals in pic are in sand and susceptible to sand getting on them and irritating them. The Euphyllia you have at the top does best at lower third of the tank
I suspect parameters. What test kits are you using?
Salifer and Hannah
 
I think your corals look pretty open to me. Maybe you are running too lights?

Just in case though, your rockwork looks pretty clean to me. How old is your tank? Did you use RODI water and if so, did you check for any heavy metals in your tank.
I had many LPS died on me even no matter what my PO4 and NO3 levels were at. It turned out I had high levels of tin, copper, molybendum in my tank..... I used ATI and Triton ICP testing to help figure this out.
Afterwards, I replaced close to 50% of my water 2 separate times in a couple days to help reduce my heavy metals followed by Cuprsorb. Turns out my heavy metal came from a rusted auto top off pump...
 
I have those lights and run at lowest on setting and blues at second lowest on setting, That gets about 70 par on bottom and 160 midtank.
Increase blue a little. The PAR is low for the bottom where many frags are located. The light will play a role as it is needed for the coral to generate its own protein source known as zooxanthelle. Reef roids are a good planktonic based food but the coral especially those with mouths need something like mysis shrimp for feeding.
 
I think your corals look pretty open to me. Maybe you are running too lights?

Just in case though, your rockwork looks pretty clean to me. How old is your tank? Did you use RODI water and if so, did you check for any heavy metals in your tank.
I had many LPS died on me even no matter what my PO4 and NO3 levels were at. It turned out I had high levels of tin, copper, molybendum in my tank..... I used ATI and Triton ICP testing to help figure this out.
Afterwards, I replaced close to 50% of my water 2 separate times in a couple days to help reduce my heavy metals followed by Cuprsorb. Turns out my heavy metal came from a rusted auto top off pump...
Yes I'm using a rodi unit and it's about 2 3 tds and my tank is 7 months old
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top