Can you combine Sodium Nitrate and Potassium Nitrate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iDeath
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

iDeath

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2018
Messages
176
Reaction score
166
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing sodium nitrate for a month or so to good effect. It was always at 0 and now I'm at least at 5. After doing a few ICP tests my tank always comes up deficient in potassium so I picked up some redsea potassium and a potassium test kit. I'm wondering though if I can just kill 2 birds with 1 stone and combine the potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate together so as to give me both nitrate and potassium. I don't want to use straight potassium nitrate since I have to dose quite a bit of nitrates and my potassium will get too high I imagine. Thanks in advance.
 
Great. Thank you.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top