Can you reverse Sudden Fright Syndrome (SFS)?

San Mateo is a little further from them than a few minutes... And I'm quite certain it's only their office that's in Campbell. I think the farm is a little further south on Monterey Bay...
Is there no reseller of @Reef Nutrition products in the EU? I would think there should be one.
I have not seen TDO in any European stores. One store in UK used to have it, but they now sell only their liquid algae products - no TDO. They switched to Otohime which I believe is the same thing as TDO without the top dressing.
 
San Mateo is a little further from them than a few minutes... And I'm quite certain it's only their office that's in Campbell. I think the farm is a little further south on Monterey Bay...
Is there no reseller of @Reef Nutrition products in the EU? I would think there should be one.
We currently can't sell TDO into the EU or the UK. We are working on the applications.
 
Some have mentioned the difficulty in sterilizing large volumes of water. While I'm not sure of the filters available for the aquaculture industry, I use some filters they were throwing out at my work (biotech). You can sterilize large volumes of water very quickly by 0.2 micron filtration. And that's true sterilization, for just keeping algae or cyanobacterial spores out of your cultures you could probably use a much larger port size and have the filter last longer, or filter faster.

At one point many years ago I set up a continuous culture of micro algae in an automated fashion that would feed my also automated rotifer culture. Old water from my main SPS reef tank would be pumped though a filter, and drip into a 5 gallon sparged (bubbled) glass bottle with my microalgae culture that would continuously spill (in such a way that the rotifers could not make their way back into the algae) over into the rotifer culture. All I really need to do was adjust the flow rate and size of the two bottles. Once that's right all you need to do is dump water into the salt water reservoir once in a while and the whole system ran itself.
 
As I have promised, I am reporting back. It has been 2 weeks since I started to feed "better" food and the last sign of SFS was 11 days ago.

So it seems that YES you can reverse SFS.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top