Can you submerge the Tunze Osmolator 3152 sensor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dsayo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

dsayo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2021
Messages
86
Reaction score
158
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid question but can the sensor be submerged? Is it waterproof? I have it in my sump and when I feed my fish/corals I turn off the pumps and the water fluctuates. Just wondering if I have to move the sensor everytime.
 
Stupid question but can the sensor be submerged? Is it waterproof? I have it in my sump and when I feed my fish/corals I turn off the pumps and the water fluctuates. Just wondering if I have to move the sensor everytime.
Best to ask this in the tunze forum. They will answer you fairly quickly.

I will say this. I have a tunze 3155 ATO that is over 15 years old and the only thing I've replaced is the pump. I'm hard on my pumps so they usually only last a couple of years for me. I let them run dry all the time which I'm sure isn't that good for them.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top