Can you tell me what this is?

Looks like Bacteria. You see it allot in sumps.
 
Im not familiar with this product, but it sounds like its purpose is to feed beneficial bacteria. My guess is its also could be feeding the unwanted bacteria as well. I would stop using the product , especially if the tank is already established. I would also post this question for Randy in the reef chemistry forum.

Also, what type rock do you have and did you treat it with anything before putting it in the tank, such as vinegar, muriatic acid, etc?

Also how long has the tank been up and running?
 
Im not familiar with this product, but it sounds like its purpose is to feed beneficial bacteria. My guess is its also could be feeding the unwanted bacteria as well. I would stop using the product , especially if the tank is already established. I would also post this question for Randy in the reef chemistry forum.

Also, what type rock do you have and did you treat it with anything before putting it in the tank, such as vinegar, muriatic acid, etc?

Also how long has the tank been up and running?
I used bulk reef saver rock. I just cured in tank with water changes for a couple of months. My tank is a year old now. This isn't a sudden issue I've had this for about 4 months. I thought it was normal but it just isn't going away
 
You can try any medication for treating bacteria. Dr.Tims Aquatics (waste away) is one product that Ive heard people have had success with. Ive had what appears to be a similar problem in the past and I finally bleached the rock and got rid of the problem.
 
Try cutting back on the Micro7 it's more than likely from that. I experienced the same thing in the beginning of Carbon doesing.
 
Try cutting back on the Micro7 it's more than likely from that. I experienced the same thing in the beginning of Carbon doesing.
Yeah that what I've been reading while researching.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top