- Joined
- Jun 29, 2014
- Messages
- 560
- Reaction score
- 677
I don't believe your SPS are starving while LPS, clams, and zoanthids are doing great.
That PH drop and swing is brutal.
That PH drop and swing is brutal.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That's not the issue, I'm jealous of those numbers.I've been having the same problem for the past year. I've tried everything to stop it. I can not figure out what is going on. I have a large ph swing daily so this could be the problem.
Is this what your SPS do.
![]()
![]()
And my ph swing
![]()
I didn't read through everyone's posts but if I'm you - I'd piggyback a second di canister to achieve zero tds, I'd let my alk drop naturally a bit down to the 7 range and keep it rock steady for a month, and having an ati 8 bulb fixture myself I'd lower the intensity a bit. Mine is at 55% - 4' fixture over a 4' tank. Also your alk dosing is too abrupt. Spread it out more. (Guessing according to your ph)
Lastly you absolutely need some po4 and no3. It needs to be detectable slightly and stable. Get a Hanna ultra low P checker and a Red Sea pro for N and SLOWLY tweak these levels. I promise things will get better.
That's not the issue, I'm jealous of those numbers.
![]()
What is your:Hi, I know it's a 3 year old thread. Has anyone solved the issue? I'm currently going through the same thing.

