Cant tell if this is algae or food.

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
1,190
Location
South River, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, there is this orange fluff on my power heads.
I poked it with a rod and it flaked off and think its just flake food im using to cycle the tank but am not 100% sure.
Is this something else or is it just food residue?
It is currently fishless until weather gets a lil warmer before I order some.
20190311_202616.jpg
 
Use a turkey baster and see if you can blow it off. If it comes off, it's fish food. If it doesn't, it's def algae.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top