Captive bred juvenile Regal angels not eating

Hi any updates? Has his pattern changed?
He’s gotten a bit bigger since then but not much changed in terms of patterns.
 

Attachments

  • 9C7C52C3-8BC1-48FF-AFD3-AA21838E7031.png
    9C7C52C3-8BC1-48FF-AFD3-AA21838E7031.png
    1 MB · Views: 102
He’s gotten a bit bigger since then but not much changed in terms of patterns.
Looks great! And kudos on keeping at it and figuring out how to get him eating.

I have a *really tiny* trio - regal, majestic, and coral beauty around 0.75", just arrived from BIOTA, but decided to keep them each in their own acclimation box until I was confident they could compete in the DTs they're going into. This was a really helpful post. I am thinking of moving all 3 into a separate 20G QT while they grow out (with a piece of live rock from the sump with sponges on it). The coral beauty is a little larger than the other 2 so I'm a little concerned about bullying..

I did have a different small BIOTA regal escape into the DT when the acclimation box left the suction cups and floated down. It didn't show for about a week but then came out of hiding chasing food and did fine.

May I ask what other fish are in with the regal?
 
Looks great! And kudos on keeping at it and figuring out how to get him eating.

I have a *really tiny* trio - regal, majestic, and coral beauty around 0.75", just arrived from BIOTA, but decided to keep them each in their own acclimation box until I was confident they could compete in the DTs they're going into. This was a really helpful post. I am thinking of moving all 3 into a separate 20G QT while they grow out (with a piece of live rock from the sump with sponges on it). The coral beauty is a little larger than the other 2 so I'm a little concerned about bullying..

I did have a different small BIOTA regal escape into the DT when the acclimation box left the suction cups and floated down. It didn't show for about a week but then came out of hiding chasing food and did fine.

May I ask what other fish are in with the regal?
Sorry for the late reply.

At the time the regal was in the tank with a hippo tang, Achilles tang, purple tang, melenurus wrasse, 3x anthias and a few clown fish. He was by far the smallest member of the tank.

Here I am celebrating his 3rd birthday. He grew from 0.5” to about 2”

As of last week, I had just purchased a captive bred multibar angel and a captive bred gold flakes from biota. Both of which are tiny.

I am having a similar battle getting the multi bar angel to eat as I did with the regal…
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top