Carpenters Wrasse hiding or worse?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fragit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
1,882
Location
Freeport
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some QTd fish shipped in a week ago Friday. Amongst them is/was a carpenters wrasse. I had all the fish in acclimation tanks for almost 48 hours. I decided to release them as the other residents did not show any interest in any of their new tank mates. The carpenters swam around ate very well them found a little crevice to hang in. I watched observing from his post the rest of the day. The next morning he had relocated to a cave that he slept in. He was there for the rest of the day, that was last Saturday. I have not seen him since. My tank is a 120 with Pukani rock and lots of hiding spots. I have not seen him been trying to feed a little extra to coax him out but no signs of him. It’s not my first wrasse so I know they hide for extended periods especially the sand dwellers. What do you all think is his MIA or still hiding? When should I just give up? I was reading someone’s thread where they all of a sudden didn’t see an established carpenters for 2 weeks and it just showed back up one day. How common is this? And yes, the tank is covered.
 
Paracheilinus can definitely be "spooky". It's not uncommon to see them very little in the first 7-10 days.
 
Paracheilinus can definitely be "spooky". It's not uncommon to see them very little in the first 7-10 days.
Thanks Hunter, still no sign of the little bugger, that I’ve seen anyway. No one is around the tank most of the day. So maybe he’s scared of us humans. Plenty of pods for him to eat so I doubt he will starve.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top