Cast of Pom Pom Crabs

abbypoodle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2019
Messages
100
Reaction score
92
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently a group of crabs is called a cast. I love crabs and in particular I love Pom Pom crabs.

Anybody work with a cast of Pom Pom crabs? I’m thinking about 5-10 in my 180 SPS tank. Would be amazing to captive breed them if that’s even possible.
 
Apparently a group of crabs is called a cast. I love crabs and in particular I love Pom Pom crabs.

Anybody work with a cast of Pom Pom crabs? I’m thinking about 5-10 in my 180 SPS tank. Would be amazing to captive breed them if that’s even possible.
I've got no personal experience with these crabs, but this sounds interesting! I find most creatures more interesting in groups if it is how they would naturally appear (especially schools of fish like anthias).
 
I’ve found that these can and do spawn in captivity. So, that at least one hard part out of the way. I think the problem comes with capturing and feeding extremely small crab nymphs or whatever they’re called.
I love watching the behavior of groups or inverts.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top