Chaetomorpha linum - Where to get large amount - 850 gallon system

14 foot reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
2,688
Reaction score
4,554
Location
Apex NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't seem to locate any decent amount of Chaeto. Algae Barn almost never has any in stock. Are there any reliable "Clean" chaeto suppliers are hobbyist that could part with a decent amount. 2-5 gallon batch. My refugium area is 24" x 24' x 20"

The most I've ever seen Algae Barn have in the past 12 months is soft ball size. Any help on locating would be greatly appreciated.
 
I can't seem to locate any decent amount of Chaeto. Algae Barn almost never has any in stock. Are there any reliable "Clean" chaeto suppliers are hobbyist that could part with a decent amount. 2-5 gallon batch. My refugium area is 24" x 24' x 20"

The most I've ever seen Algae Barn have in the past 12 months is soft ball size. Any help on locating would be greatly appreciated.

I would highly recommend trying out sea lettuce (we will have more instock at the end of the week). It grows faster than chaeto and can be fed back to the tank. It works extremely well in large tanks.
 
I would highly recommend trying out sea lettuce (we will have more instock at the end of the week). It grows faster than chaeto and can be fed back to the tank. It works extremely well in large tanks.
This would be great, as I've been waiting for this to be in stock also. Any Chance there will be a large amount available?
 
We are planning on releasing another batch of sea lettuce this Friday (as long as it meets our quality standards). We almost always have sea lettuce in stock, but we sold a ton of it last week. I will send you a PM the moment we release the batch.

We offer price breaks up to a pound on the website (and if you are buying multiple pounds, I'll give you a coupon code for a better price). This stuff grows crazy fast, and the captive bred yellow tangs we have chow it down like crazy.
 
Last edited:
I can't seem to locate any decent amount of Chaeto. Algae Barn almost never has any in stock. Are there any reliable "Clean" chaeto suppliers are hobbyist that could part with a decent amount. 2-5 gallon batch. My refugium area is 24" x 24' x 20"

The most I've ever seen Algae Barn have in the past 12 months is soft ball size. Any help on locating would be greatly appreciated.


What types of fish are you planning on adding to the tank? We might be able to send you a couple extra macroalgaes for you to try.
 
We are planning on releasing another batch of sea lettuce this Friday (as long as it meets our quality standards). We almost always have sea lettuce in stock, but we sold a ton of it last week. I will send you a PM the moment we release the batch.

We offer price breaks up to a pound on the website (and if you are buying multiple pounds, I'll give you a coupon code for a better price). This stuff grows crazy fast, and the captive bred yellow tangs we have chow it down like crazy.
this would be excellent, please message me Friday
 
What types of fish are you planning on adding to the tank? We might be able to send you a couple extra macroalgaes for you to try.
the tank has a large mix of fish, yellow tangs, purple tang, sail fin tang, Fox face, emperor angel, multiple cleaning species for the crushed coral bed. about 40 fish total.
 
Ulvae will outgrow Chaeto 2:1 if you give it light & nitrogen. Use a tumble culture for maximum production. A method to keep pump strainer clean will be necessary. I use air tumble culture to increase co2 transfer. If you want to maximize the growth of your algae filter, I suggest you use a calcium reactor in front of your algae filter.

https://www.live-plants.com/sealettuce.htm
They have Ulva now. You might even get pods or micro stars. when you emphasized “Clean”, does that eliminate live_plants.com?
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top