Cheap vs Name brand t5 Fixtures

  • Thread starter Thread starter JLight
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Can you tell me anything about these? I contacted coralvue, but they can't answer any questions. Are the LEDs 3 watt, and what do they drive them at? Are there individual cords so you can plug in to separate timers? Is there more than one ballast to run 4 tubes, or 6 tubes? What else should I know about them? Are the reflectors good? Thanks!
There is 1 plug for each pair of bulbs, led, and fan. So for a 6 bulb light there is 5 plugs. The box says they are 3 watt leds but not sure if they are driven at low wattage.
The reflectors are pretty nice. Individual German polished.
 
There is 1 plug for each pair of bulbs, led, and fan. So for a 6 bulb light there is 5 plugs. The box says they are 3 watt leds but not sure if they are driven at low wattage.
The reflectors are pretty nice. Individual German polished.

Thank you for the prompt reply!

When you run just the LEDs, does it look good! Is it like moonlights, or stronger than moonlights? Have you ever looked inside the case?

Thanks again!
David
 
Good info as Ive always wondered this myself. Im pretty happy with my 6 bulb aquatic life fixture right now, but if I was in the market Id take one of those coralvue fixtures.
 
Stronger then Moonlights. My only complaint with the leds is the spread the best. I haven't opened it up yet.
Thank you for the prompt reply!

When you run just the LEDs, does it look good! Is it like moonlights, or stronger than moonlights? Have you ever looked inside the case?

Thanks again!
David
 
Can you run just 2, or just 4 bulbs at a time if you want to, or must you run 6 for it to work? Thanks! Do the LEDs have any power to them, or are they really just moon lights?

I'm not sure for this particular model but for the most if it's a t5 it's half and half on 2 different power sources.
 
The LEDs are good for giving the bling pop and also some shimmer. I wouldn't count on them for more than just supplementation.

I'd be careful about running them full time because of the tight beam they produce........definitely start slow with them 1-2 hours a day.
 
What about t5s fixtures and bulbs used for indoor growing? Would those be okay?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top