Check out this Favia! Can anyone ID?

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
545
Location
Raleigh, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately the colors of this favia have really come to life. Anyone seen anything like it?

IMG_1424-3.jpg
 
I have one doing the same thing,I cant get the color of the pic to show it like yours does.

Its not rare,but not common either,I sent it to WWC in a pic and they have it,its a nice one I certiantly like mine!
 
That picture makes it look like it is ice on fire! lol

Nice favia
 
war coral. favites pentagona

I think this one is different because as it grows the red rim turns that blue color. I have war corals and the color doesn't chance after growth. It acts like a watermelon chalice as it grows. Very weird coral.
 
I have mine under MH and it is the same,it turns more blue under t5 though.
 
DSC01063-2.jpg


There is a picture of mine,really a bad picture,color is off,this was under 14k,it is much bluer under my reeflux 20k's,its super nice and has some cool color paters as it grows,Ill get u an updated pic soon!

Your grow really fast to?Im getting great growth with it just like my other war corals.
 
looks def like a pentagona to me too, but the colors are jus INSANE!! i adore it. the eyes on the blue side do look a tad diff than most "war" type favias i have seen, but the growth pattern is similar. its amazing i must say. i got diff war corals, some of the "splash" variety with that silver and red mixed together, but never ever have i seen a blue like that mixed in it
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top