CHECK THIS OUT!! Reef Store charges COVER fee to enter

If It was a worth while fish store id pay. Cuz I knew id be coming out with something. Now the rappy one here in Midland I wouldnt pay a penny to go into
 
IDk i cant ever see my self paying, what if i dont like what they have? Yea its only 1 dollar, STILL donest matter IMO
 
trust me you would never want to pay to go into this store. on the local reef club forum this guy is known as the worst store in the area. real jerk. the type of guy to ask you to leave for asking to many questions. not to mention the fact that you saw just about all the store has to offer in that little clip.

most think he did this just to get on tv and get his name out there but it was a VERY poor plan and is going to backfire big time. it is just plan crazy to ask people to pay to come into your store.

the ONLY way i would even consider paying a fee is if they had a display tank so amazing i just had to see it or if the prices were so low it was worth the fee
 
If It was a worth while fish store id pay. Cuz I knew id be coming out with something. Now the rappy one here in Midland I wouldnt pay a penny to go into

I lived in midland Texas for years what store are you talking about???
And I agree if it was a really good fish store I'd pay
 
Wow, I have to say some stores are a disappointment. I understand the overhead, but there is no need to charge to walk in to the store. If they have problems selling fish/corals ect. they need to stock or be willing to special order what is wanted. JMO
 
Saw this the other day on NR.com

I wouldn't a red cent, I'm sorry but you're having a hard time already you sure as hell gonna get it worse when I find out you are having a cover charge.
 
trust me you would never want to pay to go into this store. on the local reef club forum this guy is known as the worst store in the area. real jerk. the type of guy to ask you to leave for asking to many questions. not to mention the fact that you saw just about all the store has to offer in that little clip.

most think he did this just to get on tv and get his name out there but it was a VERY poor plan and is going to backfire big time. it is just plan crazy to ask people to pay to come into your store.

the ONLY way i would even consider paying a fee is if they had a display tank so amazing i just had to see it or if the prices were so low it was worth the fee

Wow your right this is going to TOTALLY back fire on his butt:horse:
 
I see nothing wronge with it especialy he is giving your buck back if you buy somthing I see his point I've worked in stores ware people just come in to talk your head off this way at least you get a little compinsation for your time most people not in this business dont relize just how life sucking some folks can in the pet store industry thats why im doing the online thing having a retail store you have no life at least this way it will bring in the serious people.
 
Thats also gonna get a lot of serious people to go else where. He owns a store and has to understand that people have questions and hes there to answer them. So next time i go into sears i should pay a cover charge to ask which tv is going to be better for me?
 
I see nothing wronge with it especialy he is giving your buck back if you buy somthing I see his point I've worked in stores ware people just come in to talk your head off this way at least you get a little compinsation for your time most people not in this business dont relize just how life sucking some folks can in the pet store industry thats why im doing the online thing having a retail store you have no life at least this way it will bring in the serious people.



"If you buy something" So unless I buy something I'm out a buck, If I came to check the price on salt, which I recently did because I wasn't paying $30 for 14lbs of salt. The owner should be more than happy to answer any and all questions, if his prices are comparable and he helped me get everything going and gave me the right adivce, I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars more just knowing that he helped me. JMO though.
 
I lived in midland Texas for years what store are you talking about???
And I agree if it was a really good fish store I'd pay

Awesome it was small store thats about to go out of BUsiness. The LFS in odessa has new owners and managers so they're making a lot of nice changes. The only store I go to around here are in San Angelo, Amaarillo, and Lubbock. Lubbock is the best around here in West texas IMO.

Where are you living now?
 
I dont ever go to LFS now, i try to do all my stuff throu trades or buying from other reefers, you get more for your "BUCK" lol no pun intended
 
I hope every business doesn't adapt to this practice!

How many things do you shop around for? LOTS of stuff.

What happens if you go in to buy a pair of clowns and then find they have ick? Out a buck? That wasn't the customers fault.

Honestly though it doesn't bother me because it's not local to me. If it was local I would never walk in the store. Not because I was angry, but it kinda would make me feel cheap as a customer...
 
I imagine his phone will be ringing alot more as I'm sure he cant charge for that lol I'm thinking he did this for to reason's publicity and he probably laid some staff off so this will defiantly thin people down which will be a good or bad thing.But like I said unless you have worked in the industry it's hard to see his point.Would I do it nope because I'm not much of a gambling man, but do I see why he's doing it yes, do I think a buck is to much nope I pee more then that from the beer I borrow weekly lol.I am sure he is probably in a do or die situation so we will all see if his gamble plays out.
 
Yea i agree rev what if i go to buy something i saw they had 3 days ago then i go in and its gone? So now im out a buck? I mean i know u might say call ahead BUT i like to go look around and if i buy i buy no pressure, i hope my stores dont do this, no one in my area would pay for a lfs thats for sure!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top