Chetub angel with anemones and corals

Lovefish77

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
955
Reaction score
342
Location
Bloomfield, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting a Cherub angel tomorrow along with a bunch of other fish. I never had Angels before and I have black widow anemones in all three tanks (including the QT tank it will go into).
Any experience of this specific angel with anemones? Does it nip at nems? Dont wanna take a risk really.

Please share your honest opinion.

Thanks for your time
 
Hmmm thanks for the quick response. I have very little lps in the qt nano. But in the 75 I have some lps I dont want it to chew on. Ok so at least I have some time to think as long as it won't eat the nems while it is in QT for 2 weeks or so, right?
Thx again
 
One more question sorry - also getting a filefish for aiptasia in one of the tanks. Do they eat bubble tips? I have a bunch of bubble tips. Please let me know
Thanks
 
One more question sorry - also getting a filefish for aiptasia in one of the tanks. Do they eat bubble tips? I have a bunch of bubble tips. Please let me know
Thanks
The filefish is more likely to do damage than the cherub. The only thing I've known cherub angels to pick at personally are rock flower anemones. Not saying there isn't possibility of picking at other things, just very unlikely.
 
The filefish is more likely to do damage than the cherub. The only thing I've known cherub angels to pick at personally are rock flower anemones. Not saying there isn't possibility of picking at other things, just very unlikely.
Got it thanks. So the file fish is more likely to nip at nems I guess.
 
Got it thanks. So the file fish is more likely to nip at nems I guess.
I mean people get them to eat Aiptasia, which is an anemone, so it makes sense they would eat things similar to that. Not saying it's guaranteed, just keep an eye out.
 
Makes perfect sense, dont wanna take the risk. Will put him in a basket once I get him till I get rid of it. Just to be super safe. Dont want it eating my black widows
 
Makes perfect sense, dont wanna take the risk. Will put him in a basket once I get him till I get rid of it. Just to be super safe. Dont want it eating my black widows
Once the file fish is done with his "tour of duty", find a new home for him. He'll more than likely go after other things that you don't want him nibbling on.
 
So you think it is even safe to release him? Dont have a ton of aiptasia in the tsnk.
 
Why are u keeping corals and in the QT? And Angels can b fine one day and terrors on another. Had a African flameback develop a taste for my lords. Probably some food that was in a polyp and she went hey I like that better and game over. But each fish is different.
 
Once the file fish is done with his "tour of duty", find a new home for him. He'll more than likely go after other things that you don't want him nibbling on.
So you think it is safe to release him? Not a lot of aiptasia in the tank though
 
Why are u keeping corals and in the QT? And Angels can b fine one day and terrors on another. Had a African flameback develop a taste for my lords. Probably some food that was in a polyp and she went hey I like that better and game over. But each fish is different.
My qt is a living mature tank with just some corals and like 10 black widows. Has no fish
 
So you think it is safe to release him? Not a lot of aiptasia in the tank though
If you have aiptasia, he'll find and finish it off. Then he'll probably start eyeing certain SPS and LPS corals along with any small inverts (hence the reef safe with caution).
 
If it was just an anemone tank and not zoos, LPS, SPS then I would try it.
 
If it was just an anemone tank and not zoos, LPS, SPS then I would try it.
Ok thanks the QT tank has only black widow nems, and and softies (cloves, nepthea) and gorgs. Will see how it behaves in that tank before moving it to my main tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top