Chinese black boxes- please show me your tanks!

A034257B-93D4-44DD-B2F1-2D62CFBB98B4.jpeg
This is my old build. Everything grown under four ocean revive T247s.
 
Since you are wondering if your lights are adequate the first thing you should do is measure PAR in your tank!
 
I have 5 viparspectra on my 220 sps tank. I have good growth and colors. I would agree with previous post on flow possibly being part of the issue.
 
I really like the Ocean Revives I have. I wish they had ramping built in rather than just on/off.

They grow coral well, but they ain’t perfect. I probably had to replace 50+ diodes and a couple of power supplies in my four fixtures over 3 years. Customer service was surprisingly good. Even when I was far out of warranty, they shipped me parts that were crazy cheap.
 
I have 5 viparspectra on my 220 sps tank. I have good growth and colors. I would agree with previous post on flow possibly being part of the issue.
What settings do you keep your lights on?
 
Thank you all for all these awesome pics and responses. I love seeing the tanks!!! My 3 lights are 8inches off the water, the tank is 30 inches deep, and I only run them at 45% blues and 5% whites. I guess the next thing in order is a par meter, boost them up more and see what happens. My flow seems okay to me- I had more powerheads in there but the nems wouldn't come out and the softies stayed super tucked down so I removed them one at a time until things seemed happier.
 
Ran t247 for awhile with great results. Just as much growth as my radion I have now. I don't dose but if you are unhappy with slow growth then start dosing.
 
Thank you all for all these awesome pics and responses. I love seeing the tanks!!! My 3 lights are 8inches off the water, the tank is 30 inches deep, and I only run them at 45% blues and 5% whites. I guess the next thing in order is a par meter, boost them up more and see what happens. My flow seems okay to me- I had more powerheads in there but the nems wouldn't come out and the softies stayed super tucked down so I removed them one at a time until things seemed happier.
I wouldn't worry about different lights when you are not using those to their potential.
 
Thank you all for all these awesome pics and responses. I love seeing the tanks!!! My 3 lights are 8inches off the water, the tank is 30 inches deep, and I only run them at 45% blues and 5% whites. I guess the next thing in order is a par meter, boost them up more and see what happens. My flow seems okay to me- I had more powerheads in there but the nems wouldn't come out and the softies stayed super tucked down so I removed them one at a time until things seemed happier.
What do you have for flow in there now and whats the total flow volume? A lot more than just pure power goes into flow. That a pretty big tank and to have only one powerhead and the return seems really low IMO.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top