Chris' 90 Gallon Build & New to Reefing

chrfrancis

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2016
Messages
82
Reaction score
61
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am just starting this hobby and have purchased a lot of items over the past week and a half. This will be the beginning of my build journal, and I would appreciate any help and constructive criticism! Below is what I have purchased so far!

-90 Gallon Marineland Tank (1 year old)
-Custom Stand
-Curve 7 Skimmer
-Eshopps R200 Sump
-Mag 9.5 Pump
-RW-15
-Photon 32 w/ 4' Setup (120 Optics outside and 90 inner)
-75lbs Live Rock
-Couple bags of Naturs Ocean sand
-Eheim 200w Heater
-Aquarium Thermometer
-Refractometer
-Tub of Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt
-CaribSea Purple Up
-Dr. Tim's One & Only for Reef Aquariums
-Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Multi Test Kit, Algae Multi Test Kit, and PH Test Kit
-American DJ Power Rack
-Plumbing
-4 Stage RO/DI System w/ 2x 50 Gallon Barrels



Can anyone think of anything else I need? I am picking up the tank and some equipment tonight and will begin the setup in my house. Pics to come as soon as I begin to piece things together.
 
Welcome to R2R! Looks like a good list to me. You may want to go with a dc pump for your return. Mags give off a bit of heat and with a dc pump you get better efficiency and can control your turnover better. Keep us posted!

welcom.jpg
 
Well, I picked up my tank Friday evening and brought it home. Unfortunately after I filled it 1/4th of the way with tap water I noticed a small leak in the front right seam :(. I took it in Saturday and decided to have it completely broken down and resealed from the ground up, one benefit of this is that the center bracing will be replaced with clear acrylic instead of the opaque black in order to let more light through as well as coat the back pane black!

I had nothing else to do this weekend except move the tank stand to it's final resting place, setup the lighting mounts, and hand the Photon 32!

IMG_20160508_183917.jpg
 
Got a few new items in as well as some photos of my tank being resealed! Going to let it cure for a little longer before picking it up.

c131142e4a73cb81d8258aa490cfdd04.jpg


8856d117dbfd450abf2f5d0bd4281203.jpg


3fb6dcbdad4d2abe8e3f4125b0a9395a.jpg


dc059cd40c11b245e0d232bb3eae70e4.jpg


55a41f29834a422db05d6a0ac32251bb.jpg


ae7c0b44d7941ce3d0564b3b36d0eb3f.jpg


717fe960ad7c60843b2bab2d88285d3b.jpg


b166d548cc5cab417344f4028f1ebfbe.jpg


86510368f06b4b151642b17fcdcab8dc.jpg
 
I also placed an order for most of the plumbing, but I am sure there is something that I missed.

plumbing3.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top