Chris and Amy's BioCube 32 Build

Treat it with reef flux (flucanozole) and then add 3 to 5 emerald crabs. Your battle with all algae will end at that point

I want to try to get things working naturally... :O

I like the emerald crab idea, but afraid they will hide in my caves and kill the fish when they cruise thru! Has anyone else experienced this, it is just something I read about them...
 
I want to try to get things working naturally... :O

I like the emerald crab idea, but afraid they will hide in my caves and kill the fish when they cruise thru! Has anyone else experienced this, it is just something I read about them...
Yea I get the natural approach but nothing about our reef tanks is natural. Your trying to maintain an ocean like eco system in a smal glass box. But anyway my emerald crabs have never bothered my fish. They wave their claws at them when they swim by but that is about it. If a fish was sick or dying and was laying on the sand bed they would take advantage of that situation. They are opportunistic hunters but they also eat all algae. Literally can’t find a piece of hair or bubble algae in my display because of them.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top