Clean up crew for my 42 gallon tank

DanishReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
7
Location
Esbjerg, Denmark
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, can anyone tell me wich "setup" i should buy, wich snails and crabs and how many.

My tank is a 42G cube, 34g in the display and 8g in the filter.

Thanks alot :)
 
It is always going to be a little different with each tank. I started a 130 with a 50 gallon sump a few months ago and have added 15 hermit crabs, 5 Trochus snails and one tang. I feed very little, use a skimmer and grow Chaetomorpha in the sump. That crew has been enough for that system. My 120 has more than I can keep track of.

There are so many things that can effect algae growth in the display tank that it would be hard to have a one size fits all prescription. I prefer to just add cleaners as needed. In a tank that size probably add 3 to 5 cleaners you think are cool at a time and see how the tank looks.
 
It is always going to be a little different with each tank. I started a 130 with a 50 gallon sump a few months ago and have added 15 hermit crabs, 5 Trochus snails and one tang. I feed very little, use a skimmer and grow Chaetomorpha in the sump. That crew has been enough for that system. My 120 has more than I can keep track of.

There are so many things that can effect algae growth in the display tank that it would be hard to have a one size fits all prescription. I prefer to just add cleaners as needed. In a tank that size probably add 3 to 5 cleaners you think are cool at a time and see how the tank looks.
Thanks :) i will try that :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top