Clown fish lost colour and died with 24 hours?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Valum
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Valum

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
153
Reaction score
151
Location
Liverpool
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi just came across this forum on the search for information I've recently converted one of my fresh water tanks over to saltwater had it running fishless for the cycle since April added in 2 shrimp one cleaner and one fire

In Saturday I added in an anemone and 2 clowns

My problems started last night the clown fish had lost his Colour he almost looked opaque for the tip of his tail up to about middle of him nothing much unusual in behaviour other than the other clown was swimming in the anemone and he wasn't he was mildly active so I wasn't all that worried However last night so approximately 24-48 after being added he lost all of his colour and was lying on the sand bed and refused to eat live or flake foods so then I became concerned I woke up this morning to 1 dead clown does anyone have any advice as what to do now if anything and any tips in differences between fresh and salt

Temp: 24oc
SG 35PPT
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Unable to do the other tests until I get home tonight

20200728_220636.jpg
 
Last edited:
Quarantine is so important I wonder if he had marine velvet or brook
 
Honestly my Qt tank was below just wasn't set up so I turned to my girlfriend and said "I should probably Qt be it will ok"
 
But I did a 50% water change last night to be safe all other fish corals and anemone seem fine so fingers crossed it was just one bad fish
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top