Clown laying on side and breathing very fast. Help!!

Were you able to see any flukes come off? I believe you need to go a little longer to get the flukes to dislodge a 5 min freshwater dip would've been better. You may want to give him some time (if he looks okay maybe wait a day) before attempting to do another one, however. If you don't see any physical symptoms it may help to get your hands on some acriflavine or formalin as well as copper. Acriflavine would take care of brook and copper will handle ich/velvet. Good luck!

+1 Good advice!
 
Were you able to see any flukes come off? I believe you need to go a little longer to get the flukes to dislodge a 5 min freshwater dip would've been better. You may want to give him some time (if he looks okay maybe wait a day) before attempting to do another one, however. If you don't see any physical symptoms it may help to get your hands on some acriflavine or formalin as well as copper. Acriflavine would take care of brook and copper will handle ich/velvet. Good luck!

I didn't really see anything come off. He was swimming normally in the FW dip and didn't go onto his side or anything
 
I didn't really see anything come off. He was swimming normally in the FW dip and didn't go onto his side or anything

You wouldn't see any flukes after only 2 minutes. It typically takes at least 4 for flukes to come off (or at least more than one or two). You might try another at the full 5 minutes, but wait a minimum of 24 hours after the last one.
 
You wouldn't see any flukes after only 2 minutes. It typically takes at least 4 for flukes to come off (or at least more than one or two). You might try another at the full 5 minutes, but wait a minimum of 24 hours after the last one.

I did the 5 minute dip but still didn't see anything come off. I think he may have brooklynella.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top