Clownfish eating dog hair

NotReefsafe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2022
Messages
320
Reaction score
220
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, put my clownfish in yesterday and they seem to be doing quite nicely. Today I noticed them coming up to the surface and got worried as it looked like they were looking for air. Closer inspection indicated that they were just trying to eat dog hair floating at the top of the tank! How can I get the dog hair out of my tank? Where can I go to get a lid?

Thanks!
 
What does your filtration look like? Are the inlets skimming the water’s surface?

As for lids, these are probably not going to help:
- plastic lids probably do not have sufficiently powerful “light-inserts” for photosynthetic marine organisms which I see you are aiming to keep
- glass lids (despite seeming completely transparent) block light which is further worsened by salt spray
- mesh lids would not block the hairs at all

Air purifiers would also probably work
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top