Clownfish with bump on side/looks like pimple.

CenCalReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2020
Messages
420
Reaction score
356
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of all the threads this is definitely the area of the forums I hoped to never post in but here I am seeking some help or info or lead as to what I may be looking at or dealing with. I have two clowns both “designer” clowns. The male of the two seems to have a lump on the left side that looks almost like a pimple. It is not ick. It seems to be pretty good size through the aquarium glass I would say about 1/8” in diameter or the size of the O on your iPhone keyboard. I assume it can’t be more than two weeks since this has developed as I consistently stare or do maintenance on the tank only today did I notice it. I will also add note that while cleaning the glass I dropped my stainless tweezers into the tank as I tend to rest them on the edge of the glass and overflow ‍♂️ I attached some images and excuse me for the disco blue affect I don’t have a filter and if need be can take pictures in white light. Any ideas on what may be going on.
C3CCE45B-8DE9-407E-918B-053D7FC695FF.jpeg
E6AD59E0-3D3E-46AA-853B-17D797D45694.jpeg
0C3FDEF5-C75A-4604-96AA-1A71104D3814.jpeg
9839A263-A5FA-4017-9819-395C0D8A5DB8.jpeg
2CD47DA9-CA65-41AA-979C-CDCDB40B47C9.jpeg
6F394E75-8A85-4CC5-9BD2-7546104A8213.jpeg
 
It’s one of two things:
Either a reaction from a sting (coral or anemone) or Sporozoasis tuberosa - Called nodular disease, ball or rice kernel shaped nodules, caused by Sporozoans.
 
Of all the threads this is definitely the area of the forums I hoped to never post in but here I am seeking some help or info or lead as to what I may be looking at or dealing with. I have two clowns both “designer” clowns. The male of the two seems to have a lump on the left side that looks almost like a pimple. It is not ick. It seems to be pretty good size through the aquarium glass I would say about 1/8” in diameter or the size of the O on your iPhone keyboard. I assume it can’t be more than two weeks since this has developed as I consistently stare or do maintenance on the tank only today did I notice it. I will also add note that while cleaning the glass I dropped my stainless tweezers into the tank as I tend to rest them on the edge of the glass and overflow ‍♂️ I attached some images and excuse me for the disco blue affect I don’t have a filter and if need be can take pictures in white light. Any ideas on what may be going on.
C3CCE45B-8DE9-407E-918B-053D7FC695FF.jpeg
E6AD59E0-3D3E-46AA-853B-17D797D45694.jpeg
0C3FDEF5-C75A-4604-96AA-1A71104D3814.jpeg
9839A263-A5FA-4017-9819-395C0D8A5DB8.jpeg
2CD47DA9-CA65-41AA-979C-CDCDB40B47C9.jpeg
6F394E75-8A85-4CC5-9BD2-7546104A8213.jpeg
Pictures taken under white light really help me!
Jay
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top