Clownfish with white "thing" on his chin

Projecttrinh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
64
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me diagnose what this may be? An injury? Fungus?

One day I noticed he had this on his chin and it's been two weeks. He hangs out with another clown. No discoloration on it. Normal behavior eats alot.
af535208cb97279de14b470607383ebe.jpg
bed069fca1f06d0eed1549db2278ea54.jpg
18acfd74b94b8712a727d22b06024413.jpg
 
I've been seeing these on clowns lately..... on the clowns in the store I work at and online here. I've treated it successfully with Furan 2 and kanaplex. I usually mix the two and it goes away rather quickly.
 
Reef safe meds? Or I should qt?

QT is easier and faster. definitely not reef safe meds. You can feed them to him by combining the meds, food and Seachem's Focus. Like I said though, easier and faster to do it in a QT.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top