Clowns && Sex Change: What about when isolated?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmaleeC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
If a store tells you a clownfish is over 45 years old, I'd probably not visit that store anymore? :eek: ;)
Haha no worries, I don’t even shop there! It was just on my list of fish stores to visit. Actually, the fish they had for sale were quite large as well. Idk what they feed them, but their lyretails were pretty big compared to mine at home.

I think nature tends to go for the simplest answer, so my guess would be they change because for clownfish, males are by far more abundant so you are more likely to run into one. If we are talking wrasses then the opposite is true and females out number males so it's best to be a male as you'll most likely encounter a female. They simply don't know a a partner isn't likely to turn up in our tanks.
That makes sense. Poor babies, just doing what their instincts tell them. Definitely no mates for my wrasses or clown. Not unless my melanarus wants to mate with the yellow coris, which would be a little odd ;Hilarious
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top